Sunday, April 5, 2009

Portraits..........Day 1

The blog that I am writing to you now is going to be 1 of 3 days of getting away from shooting sports. April 4th, 5th, and 7th I have portrait shoots. The first day will just be a practice day with my lovely girlfriend and maybe her brother or sister who knows they might want to get a picture or two.

This might be my second time ever doing portraits so what i have been doing alot lately is reading the blog of legendary photographer, Joe McNally. I also have been doing research on how to use multiple flashes to create a mood for the picture. My girl friend and I spent a good 3 hours in her basement so that I could get the hang out it before the actual shoot that matters which is tomorrow.


Nikon D200 50mm f/3.5 1/250 iso 400


Because I am poor (jk) I cant afford pocket wizards, so I used the fake Chinese triggers or aka (omg I hope to god they fire triggers). On more than one occasion they didn't fire and Amanda had a great pose and the shot was ruined. For the most part they worked great and I should stop complaing because without her Father I wouldn't have access to half of this gear.

I really like this shot un cropped because it gives the shot feel. Doing what I do I get really excited when I look at a shot off the screen of my camera and I stare at it for like 30 seconds and automatically that is my favorite shot from the shoot not matter what else i get the rest of the time.

Nikon D200 12-24mm f/4 1/100 iso 400


Nikon D200 12-24mm f/4 1/100 iso 400

People say that guys do better with real hard light......idk if I agree. The light in the above picture is really hard on the left side of her face (my left not hers) and I love the picture, once again the light gives the picture feel.


Nikon D200 12-24mm f/4 1/100 iso 400


Nikon D200 50mm f/3.5 1/80 iso 400


Photo by: Alan Sunners


Nikon D200 12-24mm f/5 1/100 iso 320

Thanks again Amanda and Alan Sunners

No comments:

Post a Comment